Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reflecting More on My Writing Experiences

In this blog post I will be reflecting further on my writing experiences during this class by answering some questions.
Kjunstorm. "Flower reflection" 4/7/2010. Creative Commons.
1. What were the biggest challenges you faced this semester, overall?
The biggest challenge this year was keeping up with the course work. I felt that there was a lot to be done each and every week. This was hard for me because I am a procrastinator by nature which made everything very difficult to finish on time with high quality.

2. What did you learn this semester about your own time managment, writing and editorial skills?
I learned that time management is a very useful skill to have. I always thought that I have been good at time management until I came to college. In the weeks of this school year that I was on top of all my work I produced some of the best work. After realizing my writing and editorial skills became much better.

3. What do you know about the concept of 'genre'? Explain how understanding this concept is central to being a more effective writer.
genre is very important in writing. I never really had much concept of genre coming into this class because most of the writing I had done was directed at one person, my teacher. Now that I have studied genre I know that it is one of the most important concepts when writing.

4. What skills from this course might you use and/or develop further in the next few years of college coursework?
My time management skills will definitely develop in the near future. After taking this class where everything was basically a timeline, I realized that time management is key when doing work. I hope to develop this skill further because I saw a hint of success when I used it correctly in this class.

5. What was your most effective moment from this semester in 109H? 
The most effective moment in this class was when I was ahead of the game on my blog posts and I finished project 2 draft ahead of time. This gave me so much time to revise the essay that I had wrote as well as gave me optimal time to have other people review and comment on my work through peer review.

6. What was your least effective moment from this semester in 109H? 
The hardest part of this class was falling behind. Several times throughout the semester I fell behind and it was seemingly impossible to catch back up. It was these moments when I realized that I was putting out some of my worst work.

No comments:

Post a Comment