Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process.

In this Blog post I will be revisiting my first two blog posts and reflecting on what I wrote in them.
Ferreira, Rosana. "Revisit (12854291315)" 2/2/2014. Creative Commons.
In my post "My Writing Process" I talked a lot about being a heavy procrastinator because I often found that I would spend too long thinking about what I was going to write rather than just starting to write. Because of the way that I used to write, I would often not have enough time to revise my work, a crucial step in the writing process. I talked about how I would usually get the paper done by the deadline despite procrastinating but that the work wouldn't be the best quality possible. This is something that I have worked on a lot throughout the semester and I think that I have set myself on a good track. The way that Mr. Bottai has the class organized forced me to complete a draft before I would have on my own. This has really helped me because it has given me ample time to revise my work which I talked about being one of the worst parts about my writing. I feel that after taking this class it has shown me a better way to be successful and in the near future I will adopt many of the techniques used in this class. The main technique being smarter with my time management by doing things in chunks and not leaving everything for the last moment. In the next couple of years I see myself as being a much better writer mainly because of the organizational techniques I used in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment