Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Analyzing My Audience

In this blog post I will be analyzing my audience for the paper that I wish to write. A link to my article can be found here.


Splintercellguy. "Audience Frontier Fiesta". 8/1/2013. Public Domain.


Who am I writing for? What are the audiences beliefs and assumptions?

I am writing my paper mainly for other students who wish to get involved in the medical career. My audience is concerned about the future of their field. They would believe that becoming a doctor is a great choice and a very rewarding job.


What position might they take on this issue? How will I need to respond to this position?

The audience might take the position that there is no way a doctor can not enjoy his job once he receives his paycheck. I would respond by saying that money is proven to have no relationship with level of happiness.


What will they want to know?

The audience will want to know all that they can about the medical field. After reading this article I was surprised to find out a lot of things that I didn't know about my profession. I must provide the audience with enough information to allow them to create their own opinion on the subject.


How might they react to my argument?

I think that my a lot of my audience would have a shocked reaction. I think this because some of them might have known they wanted to be in the health field for a very long time to find out that no one in the field enjoys what they do. I also think that there are some people that will choose to ignore the fact at hand. Because of this I think that I will get a split reaction from my audience.


How am I trying to relate to or connect to my audience?

To connect to my audience I would share similar beliefs that many people and I hold. I would then begin to show exactly why those beliefs are flawed.


Are there specific words, ideas, or modes of presentation that will help me relate to them in this way?

The best way that I can relate to them is through the appeal to logic and emotion using that statistics that were presented in my article


Reflection:
Morgan's post was very interesting because she believes that almost all of her audience will agree with and side with her argument. I agree with her prediction because these days physical punishment is widely unaccepted. Jayni had answers that differed from mine as well. She predicts that her audience will have a positive reaction, whereas I believe that my audience will have a majority of negative reactions.

I think that my topic doesn't really require a lot of background information. The article is pretty straight forward and I can assume that everyone know what a doctor is and what they do.

I think that my responses are pretty equal to that of my peers, therefore I feel that I don't need anymore further evaluation.


2 comments:

  1. I am surprised to hear that you think your audience will have a shocked reaction to the argument/article you are analyzing because most (including mine) are not that way. I think it is good though that you fee confident enough in the argument that was presented that you will support it despite it not being the popular opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by your assumption that the audience will find your argument to be surprising because most everyone else's audiences were presumed to be neutral. I think you need to remember that you're writing to the audience why the author is effective or ineffective in presenting his argument and not to provide further input into the argument the author already made.

    ReplyDelete