Friday, October 30, 2015

Analyzing Purpose

In this blog post I will be analyzing the purpose of the argument that I wish to make.

Chiltepinster. "Mocking Bird Argument". 6/26/2011. Creative Commons.


1. As a result of my public argument, I don't want to merely scare away medical students from med school but rather make them really understand what they're getting into. I want to show that medical school and actually working as a physician may not be the same thing that many people think it is. I want to show that some people are unhappy in their job and that anyone thinking about getting into this profession should really take a look into it and reconsider.

2.Plausible Actions/reactions

  • People will reevaluate their thoughts on a medical profession. - This will better the community because there will be less physicians that hate their job, therefore increasing the quality of doctoral work.
  • People will make the right decision about entering medical school. - This will better the community because there will be less physicians that hate their job, therefore increasing the quality of doctoral work.
  • People will ignore my argument and proceed anyways. - This will hurt the medical field because there will be people entering a job that they may find they don't like. A consequence of this would be bad doctoral work.
  • I broaden peoples awareness on the subject. - This can only help the argument. If I broaden the awareness then people will understand the issue at hand on a broader scale.



Not Plausible

  • The whole healthcare system is changed.
  • I change millions of minds.


4. People who are the most likely to advance my argument and who are most likely to move towards achieving my goal would be physicians. The most relevant voice would be that of physicians that are unhappy in their job. Physicians that regret going into their profession would want to inform prospective students so that they wouldn't make the same mistakes that the current physicians made a couple years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment