Friday, October 16, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft

In this post I will be reflecting on the draft of my rhetorical analysis essay.

Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory. "Mount Hood Reflection in Mirror Lake. Oregon". Unknown Date. Public Domain.
I peer edited Brandon's and Jessica's essays.



  • In my essay I do have an identifiable thesis. It points out the specific rhetorical strategies however it fails to mention the specific words ethos, pathos, logos

  • I decided to break my essay into four main body paragraphs. The first covers the author and his credibility. The second covers the audience. The third covers diction and tone. The fourth covers statistics and expert opinion.

  • I think that I did identify and analyze the main important elements of my texts rhetorical situation. No one that edited mentioned that I failed to do so.

  • I did discuss why each rhetorical strategy was used. I also discussed the effects that they have on the audience. For example they "shock" the readers.

  • I am including evidence from the text. I am mainly pulling quotes straight from the texts and then explaining what strategies are being used and why.

  • I think that I ended my essay well. I tried to "globalize" my essay by adding a well known quote at the end to show that it the argument has more meaning than one might think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment