Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Audience and Genre

In this blog post I will be identifying two targeted groups of individuals that could be the audience for my third project.

"HK Ocean Park Audience". 4/11/2007. GNU Free Documentation License.

Audience
I think that there are two clear audiences for my writing. The first would be patients. The patients are clearly being effected by the way that doctors are being treated. The doctors have little time to spend with the patients because they are overbooked with work which also effects the patients. The second audience would be any prospective medical students. The article offers insight to what physicians have to do and why they do not like it so it definitely appeals to these students.

Publication Locations

  • For Patients
For patients I would choose to publish in place that they would search to find out information about the healthcare system or in a place where they would search to see if they should see a doctor, such as WebMDHealthFinderFamily Doctor and iHealthSpot.


  • For prospective Medical Students

For medical students I would publish in a place where they might be looking frequently. Reddit offers forums that have people discuss the medical field, which would be a great place to target my audience. Other places would be MayoClinic, a website comprised of thousands of physicians that post things related to the medical profession. Finally I could publish in sites that are directly directed at medical students such as Student Doctor Network or Medscape.


No comments:

Post a Comment